Friday, May 21, 2010

Poision Ivy, Oak or Sumac

gave me a rash like I have never had before!!!!!! Sunday evening, I had noticed two red dots on my arm. I thought they were mosquito bites, but I was wrong! Monday afternoon, my arm was on fire. Tuesday, I noticed blisters and figured out that this was not mosquito bites. I had one blister fill up to the size of a blueberry and I'm not exaggerating! I must say, this is the point in time that thing started to look a little gross. Started to apply Caladryl lotion, got some oatmeal body wash and later on picked up some Zanfel to help aid in the relief efforts. By Wednesday, I had multiple large blisters down my arm and started to see smaller stuff appear on my legs. I also had large ring circling the blisters that were expanding all over. This, started to get me concern. Not to mention the people who kept bringing up that you could get blood poisoning, thanks for helping to scare me to death. I had a big meeting on Thursday that I was just trying to get threw. I did but was in pure misery before the day was over. I'm sure the panty hose I had to wear with my suit added to that misery. I left work early dying to get out of that outfit with every intention of seeing a doctor on Friday morning. My husband was in agreement that the rash looked bad. Was able to get in with the doctor by mid-morning. The nurse told me that it looked bad and the doctor stated that it looked painful. I was in agreement with both! Got me a powerful steroid shot in the booty, which caused me great anxiety for I have this fear of needles. Also left with a prescription for a cream and pills, so I am now on the road for recovery. Looking forward to being able to bend my arm and not wince in pain and a restful night of sleep would be wonderful too.

No comments: