Both up by eight and of course it was still raining. When Gene and Portia arrived at the cabin they treated us to some hot chocolate and it was just what we needed with all this rainy and damp weather. Early morning a group headed to the aquarium. Michael and his dad headed out to Clingmon's Dome and New Found Gap to get pictures of the snow. They even brought some back for show! After lunch Portia had some activities for the kids due to everyone having to stay indoors with all this rainy weather. There was pumpkin carving that several took part in, which was designed by Hayden. Elle and Lillian made pumpkin seeds. Christian and Henry helped with the tornado science creation. Later on Theo, Elle and Lillian played with pink playdough that Portia made. I joined in on the playdough activity too. Several headed off to play indoor mini golf, including my husband. I stayed behind. I had just stepped into the restroom when I heard Susan tell me that Michael was calling for me because there was a bear. Several of us went running down the street to catch up with the mini golf group in the car that spotted the bears. I finally got to see my first bear in mountains after six years!!!! They really do exist. I hope we got some good pictures of the mama bear and her little cub. Even saw them climb up a side of the mountain. Back in the cabin, I was asked by Lillian if I was a Johnson. I replied, "yes". And then she told me, "I thought you were because you have long blond hair just like me". Too cute! Just before dinner, Emily and Theo went over to the other cabin to get Theo's jacket. In a few minutes, she came back because there was a bear at the cabin door! Next thing you know there goes a combination of Johnsons & Jacksons out the door to get pictures of this bear walking around the cabins!!! So exciting :-) Once again it was a chilly dinner out on the porch, but this night we did have a lovely pumpkin carving for a centerpiece thanks to Roy! After dinner we sang Happy Birthday to Gene whose birthday will be on Monday. Roy told us he wasn't coming next year if we were going to celebrate Gene's birthday again!!! The rest of the evening was spent watching the children play and chatting with the adults.
No comments:
Post a Comment