Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pigeon Forge: Day 2

Old Mill Square

Kelly & Michael

Deer at Cades Cove

This morning we got up early and ordered room service. It was still raining and was going too continue the rest of the day, just lovely. Today was the day for shopping. We started at Walmart to pick up some drinks for the reunion, of course there was beer in the purchase. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to purchase cause we unknowingly had expired driver's licenses!!! I thought you only had to be over the particular year to purchase alcohol, expired license or not, I'm still over 21 years old. Both in our thirties, we will have to recruit family members to purchase our alcoholic beverages for this weekend. From, there I hit the Scrapbook Supercenter!!! I picked up about $30 worth of paper that I know I will not find back home. Then, we went to the Christmas Place. It does seem weird to be in October and looking at Christmas decorations, but I must admit that we bought a wooden reindeer for our living room!!! Next stop was the Old Mill Square. We looked at beautiful pottery pieces, that we may have to go back to pick up a piece for our kitchen. The hubby picked up some honey at the Old Mill Kitchen store. Then later in the afternoon we drove out to Cades Cove, the eleven mile scenic loop, in hopes to see some wildlife. Bears in particular!!! Of course it was still somewhat raining, but we did see deer, turkeys, squirrels and horses. Never saw a single bear.

No comments: