Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Staycation Day 1
This week my husband and I are both out on vacation, however it will be a staycation this week. Day one started with a trip to the eye doctor. We were both well over due. Turns out according to the doctor, I'm a reliable test taker! Due to my poor vision I get to take additional tests and pictures (referred to my husband as video games) which causes our trip to take about two hours. Next stop, Green Valley Drugs for lunch. Yes, lunch! I had never been here to eat but I had coworkers talk about going. I believe this place has been in business since the 60's. Ate the cheeseburger and fries and ate a little of my husband's chocolate malt - yummy. From, there we headed over to the Antique store in Hoover. I'm looking for either a buffet/server or a china cabinet to go in our formal living room. Saw one piece that looked neat, but didn't wow me. Not sure if it is because I have my heart set on hanging these two butterfly prints and this furniture would of been too tall. Nonetheless, I love looking at furniture and did see neat items. Final stop, Alabrew in Pelham for my husband to check out. He is looking into making homemade wine and they have the supplies needed. Looks like the starter kit is about $80. Sounds like an item to add to ones Christmas list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment