This weekend was my 8th trip to the annual family reunion in Gatlinburg, TN. Arrived in the burg by 10:30am Friday morning. Elisabeth and I headed out for the Pancake House for breakfast while the hubby headed out with his dad for a little family fishing. As we walked down, we noticed that Alabama fans were already out and about in full force. Got seated by noon and while in line Elisabeth decided she no longer wanted pancakes but instead wanted lunch. Luckily, they do serve lunch! Some guy even stopped at our table to comment on the fact that she was eating a burger - I wonder if he had already hit the bottle! Elisabeth quickly replied that she was a local and that she was allowed to not eat pancakes. Finished up and headed for shops. Looked at some cool boots - we both want a pair, hint, hint! After walking around we headed back to the cabin to be on hand to greet family arriving.
It really was a beautiful weekend to be outside. Not too hot and not too cold. A group headed to the playground. Later on after lunch a few of us headed to the burg for some mini golf. After that Michael and I headed back so I could catch the Auburn vs LSU football game. We ended up winning and it was awesome - War Eagle!!! After that game was the UT vs UA game. This one didn't go so well, but I think all were prepared for a loss. A late night card game started and I headed to bed.
Sunday, we packed up and said our goodbyes to family members. On the road by 11am and the traffic was heavy. Our 5hr road trip turned into almost 7hrs just due to traffic. Glad to be home and hit the bed early.
No comments:
Post a Comment