Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eye Problem: Pt 2

Tuesday morning I noticed slight redness in my eye. By the end of the day it had gotten worse and was starting to hurt just slightly. After work, I stopped by the doctor's office but there was not a doctor in that day, so I would have to come back in the morning at 8:45am. Throughout the night my eye continue to worsen with the redness increasing along with the pain. My husband had made me an eye patch so I could walk around the house and not be impacted by the light sensitivity. By 8pm, I decided just to go to bed hoping that 8:45 am would get here sooner. Around 2 in the morning, I awoke with my eye watering. I got out of bed to get some tissue to wipe my eye/face. I pondered whether or not to look at how bad my eye looked. I flipped the bathroom light on and instantly was in pain and shocked by my eye. Seconds later, I fainted. As I was on the floor trying to recover from this, the noise from my fall awoke my husband. He said, "What are you doing?". I replied, "I just fainted!". Then he said, "Well, get back in bed!" I'm going with he wasn't completely awake to comprehend what I said. I quickly searched the floor for my new eyeglasses and was glad to find them in one piece. I got back in bed to a more alert husband who tried to assess my eye condition. Shortly after being back in bed, I realized that I need to go to the restroom. My husband got my sunglasses so the lights would not cause me more pain. And we used the light from a cell phone screen to light up the room in an effort to not have as much light. I was thankful that he stayed wake with me as I was starting to become very worried about the severity which in turn was stressing me out big time.

I think we were at the doctor's office by 8:30am. I wanted them to see me first. The doctor determined that the iritis was back. At one point she had me reading the eye chart with my bad eye, no glasses. As I was reading the line, she replied "Where are you?" I guess I was making up my own letters with my blurred vision! Solution consisted of a strong dilation that last for over 24 hrs and a steroid drop every hour for the first few days, then one to every two hours for three days and then every three hours until my next appointment on Thursday.

Use a sick day and tried to catch up on some sleep that I missed out on earlier.

Note to self: Don't read Webmd prior to going to bed when you have something wrong, as it may scare you to death and or cause lack of sleep!

No comments: