Well, the instructions were to arrive before 4pm or you will forfeit your spot. We even asked Books-a-Million to make sure that was correct. I worked a half a day and then headed to the mall. I had lunch with my husband in the food court, before he had to head to the airport to pick up his mom. After he left the waiting began. The event was from 4:30-7:30 pm. I did go outside to see if I would see Sara Palin enter the building but I never did and I didn't anticipate seeing her tour bus either due to her being in NC earlier in the day for a book signing. While, I waited I chatted with several different people. My husband and his mom, who is visiting from St. Louis, came to the mall to see me for a little while. Unfortunately, I did not get my Going Rouge book signed by Sarah Palin. They stopped at armband number 1300 and mine was 1338. I was sooooo close!!!! I didn't cry, unlike others, but it was overwhelming to stand there all those hours and to not get her signature. They did pass out a pre-signed signature that one could put in the book. All said in done, I was back home by 8:30 pm ready to eat some dinner and go to bed - my feet were hurting by this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment