I took the day off from work. Slept in a little. Got up and starting getting ready for my day of shopping. Right before I got ready to leave, I took the dogs out to potty. As I was outside with Auburn, I had a man approach me from our drive way who initiated the conversation with a "Well, well, well are you the lady of the house?". He was a little creepy and I didn't like the way he approached me. Turns out he and his crew were doing work at our neighbors house and he wanted to see if he could grind up two of our tree stumps. I wrapped up the conversation with him and returned back to letting Auburn potty. To my surprise, I see a man with this equipment come from the back of our neighbors yard, along their fence and into our yard via my flower beds!!!! He drove this machine up through our yard to get back to the front yard of our neighbor where he was hired to do work. As he passed through our yard this old man gave me a wave as I stared in disbelief as to what I was seeing. If wasn't like he accidentally came into our yard. He clearly was in the wrong yard, but I guess it was the easier route to get where he needed.
I did make to the mall by midday. It was decorated for Christmas and the holiday music was being played in the stores. I got a few ideas for Christmas as I walked around. Picked up a few items that I needed for myself.
When my husband got home, we headed out to the Macaroni Grill for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised to see one of our missing bartenders, due to health reasons, was finally back to work. The usual crowd was there too. We did meet two new people that we had not spoken to before and had some interesting conversations. He was in the navy at the time of WWII and was a local tv personality in the Bham area for a number of years. While we were dining we got to hear the fireworks being put off for the Lights Up event to kick off the holiday season at the shopping center.
No comments:
Post a Comment