Monday after work I came home to see that Jasmine had gone potty in the house. Unusual for her but does happen. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary with her behavior. Fed both dogs and noticed when Jasmine went to potty this time she had diarrhea. Woke up Tuesday morning to find a little diarrhea in the living room, but still no change in behavior. After work on Tuesday came home to find lots more diarrhea and either pee or throw up with a faint pink color. Behavior had changed. My husband called the vet but they would be able to see her until the next morning at 8:30 am. Jasmine did not eat any of her food. Tried to eat grass while we were outside. Later in the night I determined that when she would go potty that it was blood in her stool. Now, I was stressing a little. Just seemed so pitiful. Jasmine didn't play with any toys and typically follows me everywhere and she just lye on the floor. Woke up Wednesday morning to the sound of Jasmine throwing up when I came into the living room to see her there were six puddles of blood from where she had been trying to potty. I thought 8:30am would not get here fast enough!
Went to the vet and she perked up a little due to the car ride, but no where near the behavior we typically have with her. No temperature, but when the technician took the stool sample and saw the results she mentioned that it wasn't good (probably cause of the blood, but no surprise there to me). The vet had mentioned that her stomach are felt tight, maybe so gas. Wanted to do some blood work. Thought maybe could be stages of pancreatitis. Luckily the blood work to not point to that. She was dehydrated, no surprise there either. And there were no signs of kidney or liver failure. Red and white blood cells all looked good. She did show that she had high cholesterol. So, we believe she has eaten something "rich" that has messed up the enzymes in her digestive track. I had the option to either stay home and ensure that she drinks water or they were going to keep her and do an iv and cather. I opted to stay home with her. Before we headed out, they gave her a shot. Poor Jasmine whimpered a little with that one. Left with wet dog food to start her one, some kind of powder to sprinkle over it, and some tablets in hopes to get her system back on track. If she doesn't show 50% improvement in behavior by tomorrow we are to bring her back to the vet.
Got home and watched to see if she drank any water, which she did throughout the day. She got to rest a little while out on a deck for it was such a beautiful day. She pretty much slept all day and move from spot to spot occasionally. At 4pm, I was to get her to eat some of the wet food. She had no interest. My husband called the vet and they said she may not want any yet due to the shot but to try again at 6pm. If she does not eat by tomorrow we have to bring her back. At 7pm, she still would not eat that food. She is 8 years and 1 month old and I don't believe she has ever had wet dog food. I tried at 9pm again, but still has no interest in the food. We has had plenty of water and rest. She did pee on several occasions. Only had one attempt to poop and it was just a little bit of blood. As it is almost 10pm, she is resting peaceful on her bed. Lets hope that she wants to eat first thing tomorrow morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment