Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Should I Be Concerned ????

Monday afternoon the maintenance vendor that services our building brought two HEPA Filtration systems. I was asked if it would bother me and I stated no due to the fact that I was going to be leaving in an hour. I really don't know what was or is going on and no one ever said anything to me. At that point, someone did a "dust test" at the top of my cubical. In reflecting, I did notice that day as I shifted stuff on my desk that my fingers were getting dirty (I cleaned my desk two weeks ago with those Clorox wipes). Tuesday, I arrived at work to see that the machine was still there and running. I had heard from various people on our floor that they are doing duct work or something with the pipes that is generating dust that is being pushed down through the vents. I happen to have a vent directly over my cubicle. As I sat down, I noticed that my desk was nasty with brown stuff. I removed everything off my desk and wiped it down with those wonderful wipes. Needless to say, that machine ran for my entire work shift. And the noisy end faces my direction. I apologise to my co-workers for my venting, but they agreed that it was louder by me then where they all sit. About four o' clock that afternoon, there was yet another "dust test" done at my cubicle. I was sooooo glad to get out of that building! Wednesday, I happen to arrive at work to see that the machine was unplugged . . . ahhh piece and quiet. Turns out other floors were told they could turn it off if needed but it needs to be plugged back up before they leave. So, I was fine with it being off. Then, I had someone ask me if my air quality was better. I thought to myself, I guess, but mentioned I was just glad that the machine was off. She mentioned how she was going to turn the one on by her for it was better to be safe. I would say that within an two hours of my shift I started coughing and my nose was bothering me, so with the help of one of my co-workers that machine go turned back on and remained on for the rest of my shift. Once again, a little after 4pm there was another "dust test" down across the top of my cubicle. So do I need to collect a sample??? And what is going on??? I guess I will see what the rest of the week holds for me!!!

No comments: